Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Elizabeth Nkwame Reluctantly Provides An Alibi

Well, the police were just here. I tell you, that Detective DeMille is tough. I had to tell her everything. I know it is illegal, but I had no choice. Ana-Elena knows the truth about me. That is why I had to sell her the powdered rhinoceros horn, for the voodoo.

It is the rhinoceros horn that is illegal, you know. Not the voodoo, which is an ancient and mysterious religion practiced by generations of Africans and their descendants around the world, including here in your own New Orleans.

I credit the voodoo with my winning Miss Togo 2000. I did not practice the voodoo, but incorporated it into the talent portion of my competition. Yes, Togo will long remember Elizabeth Nkwame and Her Flaming Voodoo Batons!

Now, that is the name of my band. We play at the Holiday Inn on Route 12. That is where Ana-Elena Devescu found me the night that Miss Bulgaria was taken captive. We had just finished doing a cover of "Toxic" when I saw Ana-Elena in front of me. She asked me if I still had the voodoo. I looked around nervously, afraid of who might be sitting in one of the naugahyde booths. But there was only Old Joe and his brother Fat Steve from the trailer court around the bend, so I knew it was safe.

I told her yes, I still had the voodoo. We made the deal. I sold her the rhinoceros horn and she left.

I still do not know who could have seen us. That person would have to see all, have to know all.

Who has that kind of power?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home