Monday, November 21, 2005

A Difficult Time

A most difficult time. A most difficult time. I am having a most difficult time. I do not know where to begin, so I will begin at the beginning part. You know, the first part.

Where am I last letting you know about me? Oh, I am now remembering. I was enjoying a lovely Fresca and root beer schnapps night cap. Dr. Carson Gregory had suggested a night cap, I am so wanting to be a part of this nightcap, that I am going to the kitchen pantry and investigating my options. Which were slim.

In any of cases, there is at that exact time someone at the door. I am feeling a moment of fleeting happiness to think that someone is coming to join me in the nightcap. I am running to the door, and I am stepping out on to the stoop. I am seeing no one, except there is a shadowy figure in the bushes, near to the mail box. I am disappointed. It is just Mr. Mailman I suppose. But I feebly wave to the mailman shadow who is rustling in bushes.

"Hello Mr. Mailman", I say out loud into the night. "I am so sorry that you are to be working this late in the night, delivering the mail, crouching in bushes. I will see you tomorrow."

I am turning to go back into my flat, when I am being struck upon the head. I do not know what it is that is hitting me. I am learning later from MetroArea Vice it was possibly the concrete angel from the fountain next door. Or a 2x4. It is not clear.

Yes, who is there? Oh! Nurse Kimball. I am thinking I am glad to see you. Is my pill ready? Oh, I am so thankful. Sleep is my friend.

I am thanking Dr. Carson Gregory's Devoted Fans for the many cards and gifts. The large can containing three different, yet equally delicious, types of popcorn was most especially appreciated. The empty can will serve me well in the future as some sort of storage. Perhaps my matchbook collection. We will see.

Now, I must sleep. I love to sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home