Tuesday, February 14, 2006

I Am Back

Yes. I am back. Back from Cluj-Napoca. Back from the tedious annoyance of the Gypsy Court. Oh, you want to know the result of my Gypsy Summons?

Well, I will tell you. The joke was on me. I will admit it. I have no choice. I know that it will all become public anyway.

There was no summons. There was no controversy.

I am never to be Queen.

It seems it was determined long ago that I was never to be Gypsy Queen. The Tambourine had already been promised to Vlasta Crk, Princess Royale of the Slovak Gypsy Court. Oh, yes.

This was my punishment, to be forced to Cluj-Napoca against my will and to be obliged to stay with my nagging mother and my half-wit sister Ana-Sofia and her leering husband Gheorghe, the meat-grinder.

But, thankfully, I am back in MetroArea amongst civilized people. It was not pleasant to return to an apartment without electricity or a phone, but that has been dealt with. Miss Allbania has kept the School of Gyspsy Dance running smoothly. I do not alway agree with her artistic choices, but I am a practical sort. I am a survivor.

On a positive note, it was nice to find an invitation to a Gallery Opening in my mail today. The lovely note mentioned that only the very best of MetroArea's citizens were invited. I think it will make a nice way to mark my return.

I am not familiar with the address, 1515 W. Liberty, but I am sure I can find it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home